- The Thursday following the first scheduled City Council meeting of the month at 6:00 p.m.
- Application cut-off dates and corresponding meeting dates available on Jenks Planning Meetings Schedule (PDF)
- All meetings, deliberations, and voting of the Planning Commission are open to the public
- Due to COVID-19, all meetings will be streamed on The City of Jenks YouTube Channel.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Jenks Planning Commission consists of seven appointed members, all of whom are residents of the City of Jenks. The seven appointed members are nominated by the Mayor and appointed by the Council, and serve for terms of three years or until they are reappointed or replaced. The Planning Commission elects a chairman and a vice-chairman who serve for a one year term.
- Carol Minden, Chairman
- Dr. Scott West, Vice Chairman
- John Brown
- David Randolph
- Craig Bowman
- Leon Davis
- Jeffrey Beyer
The Jenks Planning Commission with support of the City of Jenks Planning Staff administers the City’s development regulations for the following purposes:
- Achieve a balance between population and resource use which will permit high standards of living and a wide sharing of amenities
- Encourage the development of the community in accordance with the Jenks Comprehensive Plan and the Jenks Zoning Code
- Encourage the residential, commercial, and industrial growth of the community as well as the most appropriate use of land
- Prevent overcrowding of land and undue encroachment thereon
- Promote efforts which will prevent or eliminate damage to the environment and biosphere
- Promote productive and enjoyable harmony between man and his environment
- Promoting the health, safety, peace, morals, comfort, convenience, prosperity, order, and general welfare
- Provide adequate light and air, public utilities, facilities and service, and other public requirements
- Reduce the danger and congestion of public transportation
- Stimulate and assure for all citizens safe, healthful, productive, aesthetically and culturally pleasing surroundings