- Boards & Commissions
- Planning Commission
- The Thursday following the second scheduled City Council meeting of the month at 6:00 p.m. (typically. Please see schedule below)
- Application cut-off dates and corresponding meeting dates available on Jenks Planning Meetings Schedule (PDF)
- All meetings, deliberations, and voting of the Planning Commission are open to the public
- Meetings are normally streamed and recorded on The City of Jenks YouTube Channel.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The Jenks Planning Commission consists of seven appointed members, all of whom are residents of the City of Jenks. The seven appointed members are nominated by the Mayor and appointed by the Council, and serve for terms of three years or until they are reappointed or replaced. The Planning Commission elects a chairman and a vice-chairman who serve for a one year term.
- Dr. Scott West, Chairman
- John Brown, Vice Chairman
- David Randolph
- Craig Bowman
- Jeffrey Beyer
- Amy Bors
- Gina Wilson
The Jenks Planning Commission with support of the City of Jenks Planning Staff administers the City’s development regulations for the following purposes:
- Promoting the health, safety, peace, morals, comfort, convenience, prosperity, order, and general welfare,
- Reducing danger and congestion of public transportation,
- Providing adequate light and air, public utilities, facilities and service, and other public requirements,
- Promoting productive and enjoyable harmony between man and his environment; to achieve a balance between population and resource use which will permit high standards of living and a wide sharing of amenities,
- Preventing overcrowding of land and undue encroachment thereon,
- Promoting efforts which will prevent or eliminate damage to the environment and biosphere,
- Stimulating and assuring for all citizens safe, healthful, productive, and aesthetically and culturally pleasing surroundings,
- Encouraging the residential, commercial, and industrial growth of the community as well as the most appropriate use of land, and
- Encouraging the development of the community in accordance with the Jenks Comprehensive Plan, and as amended.